The editors encourage scholars from Russia and other countries to submit their manuscripts that fall within the subject of the journal. Although the journal’s articles are normally published in Russian, the editors are willing to consider English-language papers for publication. If they are accepted, they will be published in Russian (their translation from English into Russian done by the authors).
The journal is a quarterly publication (print ISSN: 1998-6785). Every issue of the journal has a main topic, or theme. Information about the themes for the future issues can be found in the announcement section.
The articles published in the journal are indexed by the Russian Science Citation Index (elibrary.ru). The journal is included in the list of peer-reviewed scientific journals recommended by VAK in the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation.
All manuscripts submitted for publication will be anonymously reviewed (double-blind review). For publication in the journal the articles are taken that have not previously been published in Russian editions. The editors reserve the right to dismiss a manuscript if it does not meet the journal’s requirements. Fee for publishing articles will not be charged. Fees will not be paid. The copies of the journal will not be sent to authors due to the presence of a public electronic archive.
Journal is registered by Federal service on supervision in sphere of mass communications,connection and cultural heritage protection. Certificate on registration of the journal ser. PI № FS77-30578, given by 12.12.2007.
Subscription index in the catalog "Press of Russia" - 42354.
Themes of articles accepted for publication in the journal "Ojkumena.
Regional studies", complies with the following fields of science according to
"Nomenclature of specialties of scientific workers":
07.00.00 Historical sciences and archeology
22.00.00 Social sciences
23.00.00 Political science
The journal includes the following thematic sections:
- Theory and methodology of Regional Studies
- Historical Regional Studies
- Economy and nature
- Social and demographic structures
- Cultural and ideological factors of regionalization
- Political relations and management of the region
- World system and international regions
- Interdisciplinary and systemic research in the region
- Region in the documents and testimonies
- Study of science
- Scientific messages
- Scientific life
- Methodological developments
Author guidelines for submitting manuscripts
- File format – plain text, MS Word, OOo Writer, LO Writer.
- The file should not contain complex styles and formatting.Titles should contain lowercase characters only.
- Font name Times New Roman, font size 14, interlinage 1,5.
- Page margins: top and bottom – 2 cm, right – 1,5 cm, left – 2,5 cm.
- The manuscript figuration: UDC (Universal Decimal Classification), author information (first and second name, academic degree, current employment position, phone, e-mail), title of article (no more than 80 characters), abstract (from 500 to 700 characters), keywords (from 5 to 10 keywords), the text of article, references («Literature»).Title, abstract and keywords are submitted in Russian and English languages. All the above information is sent in one file. The submitted file should be named by the author surname (second name).
- Bibliographic references in the paper should be given in square brackets. In brackets, the ordinal number cited in the list of literature comes first, followed by a comma and a page number. For example: [2, p. 5]. Reference to an unpublished archival document should be placed only in the text of the article in parentheses. For example: (ГАПК. Ф. 1. Оп. 2. Д. 3. Л. 4-5).
- Explanation of abbreviations and acronyms is required (given at the end of article). For example: ГАПК - Государственный архив Приморского края.
- Numbered list of references is compiled in alphabetical order by surname of the first authors and titles of works without the coauthors and chronology. Russian language titles come first, followed by foreign language titles. The bibliographic description should include the full name of the book or article, place of publication, publisher, year, total number of pages (for the article – the pages on which it is placed). Reference to the Internet in the list of references is made as follows: Author. The name of the material // The name of the site, [electronic resource]. URL: address line (the date of access: 31.12.2012).
- Papers should be from 20 to 40 thousand characters, including spaces. The volume of other materials – no more than 20 thousand characters.
- Drawings, maps, charts, etc. should be attached as separate files using common formats (eps, ai, jpeg, bmp, tif). For charts the author should submit the table, upon which this chart is based. All sources of illustrations must be indicated.
- Due to the black and white journal print, graphs, maps, etc. should not contain more than three colors (black, white, gray 50%).
The rules for review and publication of manuscripts
- All received manuscripts of articles are reviewed for compliance with subject of the journal and the established rules of formatting in the journal. In addition, all received manuscripts are censored for plagiarism and republication.
- The manuscripts corresponding subject of the journal and rules of formatting, by the decision of the managing editor are transferred for reviewing to two reviewers – the internal (one of the members of the Editorial Board) and the external.
- The reviewer, selected by the managing editor, must have a scientific degree, be a recognized expert in the relevant field, and have publications on the theme of the reviewed article for the past three years.
- Review is anonymous, for the author of the manuscript, and for the reviewer.
- In preparing the text of the review the reviewer shall be guided by the requirements for the content and formatting of reviews, approved by the Editorial Board.
- The reviewer must provide a signed and certified in the workplace review to the journal no later than two weeks of receipt of the manuscript.
- Reviews are stored in the publishing house and editorial of the journal for 5 years.
- The Editorial Board sends to authors of the submitted manuscripts the copies of reviews or a reasoned refusal, and also undertakes to send copies of reviews in the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation in the case of admission of corresponding request to the Editorial Board.
- In the case of a positive result of the review and the absence of comments, the manuscript passed to the technical editors for inclusion in the layout of next issue of the journal.
- In the presence of the reviewer's comments, the managing editor informs the author about their content with the proposal to amend to the text of the manuscript the necessary corrections and additions. After making the corrections and additions by the author, the text of the manuscript is submitted for publication.
- In the case of negative review, the managing editor send to the author a notice of the impossibility of publishing of the article and the copy of review, received on it.
The Editorial Board reserves the right to shorten and edit manuscripts of articles, as well as transfer them to the publication in the issue following the issue, to which this article has been submitted.
Manuscripts are published in the order of their submitting to the Editorial Board. In a matter of priority, the journal publishes the articles by members of the editorial board, then the articles by graduate and doctoral students.
One author (individually and as co-author) can publish in the journal during the calendar year no more than two articles. Volume of one issue of the journal is no more than 180 pages.
Fee for publishing articles will not be charged. Fees will not be paid.
The materials, published in the journal, do not necessarily reflect the views of the founders and editors.
Due to the large number of submitted manuscripts, we inform the authors that for objective reasons the manuscript can be published, as a rule, not earlier than six months after the successful conclusion of the review process.
We ask the authors and their supervisors to note that any kind petitions and appeals to the members of the editorial board cannot expedite the publication of the work. Violation of the order of submission of articles can only lead to their rejection.